Overview: Why Become A Member?
The Building Performance Association is an industry association created to advance the home performance industry. Its mission is to advance a thriving industry delivering improved energy efficiency, health and environmental performance in existing residential buildings, including multifamily and manufactured housing. Our membership base includes contracting companies, weatherization agencies and training centers, BPI Certified Professionals, Gold Star Contractors, and training centers, program sponsors and implementers, and manufacturers and suppliers.
Membership in the association provides the following (for a full description, see Benefits page):
- Access to policy advocacy efforts at the federal level through an active presence at the national level, supporting funding for key home performance-related federal programs, particularly the low-income weatherization program and the Building Technologies Office of DOE. We also support key legislation that supports the home performance industry, such as tax incentives.
- At the state level, we work with advocates to improve the local legislative and regulatory environment for home performance. This includes issues such as cost-effectiveness test procedures and data standardization. We organize local advocacy events such as “lobbying days” as well as provide indirect and direct support for local priorities.
- We also conduct research and manage initiatives to improve market conditions for home performance. Examples of this are our HPXML program and our developing Smart Homes initiative.
- Better pay for you and your employees through technical and business training.
- Opportunities to build your business through marketing and leadership training.
- Local, regional and national education events for a strong, diverse and qualified workforce.
- The Association provides the National Home Performance Conference, which is the largest gathering of home performance professionals in the nation. We also provide Regional Conferences to help reach out to our members who are not able to attend National. And we work with local groups, mainly chapters, to provide workforce development (training) events at the local level.
- Opportunity to organize and participate in state and regional chapters.
- Networking opportunities with your peers at the state and national levels.
- Networking opportunities with peer organizations in the home performance industry.
- In addition to our excellent training and education, our conferences are designed to promote networking among individuals, contracting companies, weatherization agencies and training centers, manufacturers and program sponsors.
- Our publications—which include not only Home Energy Magazine but all the information that we create for external consumption—is free to members in digital format.
- Adding your voice to the development of the Association. We will be creating advisory committees, conducting surveys and organizing local events to ensure we are hearing the voice of our members.
- Continued support of Home Energy Pros Forum - a social network and community dedicated to Home Energy Professionals with the purpose of sharing resources, education, and knowledge.
- Media recognition in the Association’s conferences and publications.
- Media recognition and advertisement in the Association’s conferences and publications.
- Discounts on supplies, educational opportunities and certifications.