Energy Equity for Renters Policy Tracker
Download and view the map which lists the cities, counties, and states that have adopted policies and programs to advance both energy efficiency and equity in rental housing as of February 2022.
The ACEEE Energy Equity for Renters Policy Tracker lists which cities, counties, and states have adopted policies and programs to advance both energy efficiency and equity in rental housing as of February 2022. The map captures the following policies:
- Adopting a renter right of first refusal on property sale
- Creating a rental energy disclosure policy
- Promoting existing state and utility efficiency programs to renters and landlords
- Adopting a rental energy performance standard and assisting affordable housing providers with compliance
- Designing rental efficiency loan and grant programs with affordability covenants
- Granting renters the right to make efficiency improvements
- Instituting limited-scope rental property retrofit requirements
View the Better Buildings Event Calendar for info on upcoming webinars, peer-exchange calls, meetings, and industry workshops and conferences.