RESTALK: RESNET Data Sheds Light on Energy Efficient Home Trends with Ryan Meres
RESTALK welcomes RESNET’s Program Director, Ryan Meres, to share insights he has gathered from the 2023 report: Trends in HERS Rated Homes, a statistical abstract.
“Data is the most valuable asset in the world.” ~ Brittany Kaiser
Housing trends have significant importance to the RESNET community. In addition to tracking progress with RESNET HERS Ratings, the hundreds of data points collected on each home provide insights into the trends in energy efficiency, component selection, and electrification.
- What are some of the latest trends in HERS Rated homes?
- What value can this data provide to all the stakeholders in RESNET?
RESTALK welcomes back RESNET’s Program Director, Ryan Meres, to share with us some insights he has gathered from the 2023 report: Trends in HERS Rated Homes, a statistical abstract.
Ryan shares with us the impetus of this report, as well as the latest trends in its third year of publication.
Some of the big picture trends he notes are:
- 129% increase in annual Ratings from 2013 to 2022
- Just shy of 338,000 Ratings last year (80% single family/20% multifamily)
- Have seen year-over-year increases for a decade
- Massachusetts is number one again with 82% of new homes receiving a Rating
- Indiana comes in second with 68%
- 8 states achieved 50% or more of new homes rated
- When looking only at the number of total ratings, Texas comes out on top with over 81,000 ratings.
We also cover other topics in the report, including efficiency, component types and usage, and trends toward electrification.
IREC: Registered Apprenticeships Toolkit for Clean Energy Employers
This toolkit provides background information and resources needed to implement RAPs to develop a clean energy workforce.