West Virginia Energy Efficiency Impact Grant
April 28, 2022
This micro-grant program is a partnership between the Jackson County Development Authority and West Virginia Office of Energy to assist small businesses throughout the state in making energy efficiency upgrades to their business.
A one-time grant award of up to $3,000 for eligible businesses with no repayment required unless the awardee fails to comply with the requirements (This is not a loan).
Twelve grants will be issued in the first round of funding.
- Limited to one award per business entity/owner.
- Eligible energy efficiency upgrades: installation of insulation, installation of energy efficient lighting, HVAC upgrades (to existing systems), weather sealing, and the purchase and installation of ENERGY STAR appliances (includes but not limited to, furnaces and air conditioners)
Criteria for Eligible Businesses:
- Must be a registered business in good standing with the State of West Virginia.
- Have a physical establishment within the state.
- Business must have been established on or before May 1, 2019
- Have no more than 15 full-time employees (as of April 1, 2020);
- Generate $1 million or less in profits in 2019.
- Have no pre-existing tax liens or legal judgements
The following entities are NOT eligible:
- Home-based businesses
- Non-profit organizations
- Banks & financial institutions
- Investment real-estate entities
- Government agencies
Application and Review:
- Applications will be reviewed by the Jackson County Development Authority and West Virginia Office of Energy and submitted to the review committee. All decisions shall be final
- Awardees will be required to complete a disbursement form and must be able to produce receipts.
- Details of the application will be confidential.
- By accepting this micro-grant, awardees consent to being included in marketing and promotional materials.