BPA’s 2023 Resource Roundup
December 6, 2023
BPA keeps the industry informed on best practices, new technologies, and policy within the home performance industry. This year, we’ve seen the Inflation Reduction Act come to life and continued growth across the home performance industry.
We’ve put together a roundup of some top resources from 2023.
Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) Resources
BPA was thrilled to be a part of securing billions of dollars in rebates and incentives for home energy efficiency and electrification. With the IRA guidelines being released in July of this year, we created a hub for business owners to get all of the information they need to successfully apply for home energy and rebate programs. Resources include requirement guides, eligibility checklists, fact sheets and more.
Recent IRA Resources
- DOE: Home Efficiency Rebates Retroactivity Fact Sheet and Eligibility Checklists
- The White House: IRA Guidebook
- The Residential Capital Stack
25C Tax Credit Fact Sheet Download
BPA has developed a comprehensive fact sheet on the 25C Tax Credit, specifically tailored for contractors and businesses engaged in home retrofit services. This credit is currently available to homeowners who make energy-efficient home upgrades, such as adding insulation, HVAC systems, and other energy-saving equipment and conducting energy audits.
IRA Webinar Series
Along with our IRA resources, we hosted an IRA-specific summer webinar series to provide a comprehensive understanding of the Act’s requirements, compliance regulations, and best practices for implementation. With topics on:
- Income-Verified Rebates at Point of Sale: Solutions for Meeting Home Energy Rebate Program Requirements
- Understanding the 25C Tax Credit for Contractors
- IRA Guidelines 101
- Modeled or Measured?
If you didn’t have a chance to join us, you can still access the playbacks for free as a paid professional and company BPA member. Not a member of the association? You can join us easily today and get instant access to all webinar playback and Q&A documents!
Building Science Principles
The Building Science Principles Training is a free resource for educators in the home performance industry. With this introductory course to residential energy efficiency, students will gain the foundational principles of how homes work through the lens of building science. Modules include:
- Module 1: Building Science Basics
- Module 2: Building Science Systems & Equipment
- Module 3: Energy Assessments
- Module 4: Career Pathways
Developed as a companion to Building Performance Institute’s (BPI), Building Performance Principles Certificate, industry educators and trainers all have access to the course materials.
Energy Expert Training
With course content provided by Energy Circle, this free course covers the steps to becoming an energy expert. Course curriculum includes marketing basics, leveraging financing to drive sales, taking advantage of incentives and much more.
The BPA Journal is your go-to source for the latest news and insights in the industry.
- How to Upgrade and Electrify Millions of US Homes and Buildings
- The Positive Impact of Fair Wages: Supporting the Weatherization Workforce
- The 1000 Home Challenge Journey
- 11 Healthy Home Statistics To Use on Your Website
- Building the Next Generation of Home Energy Retrofit Contractors
Most Popular Articles in 2023
- Frost-Protected Shallow Foundations
- BPA Sponsors Apprenticeship Pathways in Energy Efficiency
- BPI Building Analyst and Envelope Certifications Have Transformed into a Career Path
- Understanding the High-Efficiency Electric Home Rebate Act (HEEHRA)
- Meet Hal Smith of Halco Energy
Featured Trainings in the BPA Library
- Maximizing the 45L Tax Credit: ENERGY STAR and Beyond Training
- HERS Rater Training & Certification
- BPI Infiltration & Duct Leakage Training & Exam
- BPI Building Analyst Technician Training & Exam
- HERS H2O AND WATERSENSE 2.0
- RESNET HERS Rater Training
There’s more where that came from! Our online resource library contains industry resources, including downloadable PDFs, webinar playbacks, videos, podcasts and more. We look forward to providing you with even more resources in the future.